How to get a picture with your favourite artist at a press conference in a crowded room
I have a game plan when it comes to requesting for a photo with your favourite singer or movie star. I always scour the room for the nearest exit, and how many bodyguards I would have to dodge in case they come after me. If they leave the room, even for a while, my eyes never leave them. I think in the dictionary, this would be called ‘stalking’. I know, I should behave but hey, I’m a normal girl who just loves her job and the artistes and idols she grew up listening and watching!
- Scour the room for the nearest exit.
- Stand there with your camera.
- When artist stands up to leave, ask for their permission to take a picture. They would say yes, their management team will say no. But the artiste always wins.
Artiste 1 – Management 0
- Shove camera to nearest journalist/photographer in front of you. And repay their kindness by offering to take their picture too.
- If press conference has yet to start, maybe you could try walking around the hallway. Chances are, like me, you’d find Jason Mraz and Tyson Ritter of The All-American Rejects.